SEO and Content Specialist
- Underemployed (employed below their level of education or work part-time)
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the internship
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons granted refugee status in Canada
- Legally allowed to work according to the relevant provincial and Canadian legislation and regulations
- Post-secondary graduates – this is not a requirement for residents of the Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut applying for internships in those territories
If you have any questions please reach out to email@example.com.
We are looking for an SEO and Content Specialist who has experience in growing an organization's SEO over a 1 to 2+ year period. We are looking for someone who has the creativity, technical skills, and leadership to be able to lead the direction of our blog and overall SEO approach. This is a full-time position and we are excited to have you join our team!
Duties and responsibilities
Work closely with the Marketing Manager, Content Creator, Chief Operating Officer to;
- Review and analyze client sites for areas that need to be improved, deleted, or revised.
- Prepare detailed strategy reports.
- Identify the least expensive but most powerful and profitable keywords for client sites.
- Improve our company's organic search results.
- Write effective headlines, body copy, and website content.
- Ensure websites are filled with optimal keywords.
- Place keywords appropriately in copy to gain most search engine traffic.
- Write effective call-to-action statements.
- Write original, powerful SEO content for blogs and websites.
- Implement off-page SEO content strategies such as coding.
- Effectively use header tags.
- Keep abreast of white hat and black hat tactics so as not to violate search engine guidelines.
- Strategize ways to improve and track site performance.
- Compile and present SEO performance reports.
- Consult with independent web designers to improve the navigation of a site to enhance its search engine ranking.
- Utilize basic programming and web design skills to enhance SEO.
- Evaluate product offering, traffic, landing page quality, content, design, security, payment options, shipping options, demographics of prospective customers when determining keywords and campaigns.
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data and results, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid search campaigns.
- Track, report, and analyze website analytic and campaigns
- Manage campaign expenses, staying on budget, estimating monthly costs and reconciling discrepancies.
- Optimize copy and landing pages for search engine marketing
- Perform ongoing keyword discovery, expansion and optimization
- Research and implement search engine optimization recommendations
- Research and analyze competitor advertising links
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Work with editorial and marketing teams to drive SEO in content creation and content programming
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords.
- Keep up to date with the most recent developments in Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- Pay particular attention to any significant Google algorithmic changes.
Knowledge and skills
- The specific culture to whom you are marketing
- The social media landscape
- Web analytics
- Web design and development
- Viral marketing
- content writing
- understanding the companies business model and customizing SEO strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or business or equivalent, Digital Marketing Diploma or SEO Certificate.
- A minimum of one to three years of web experience is required for the SEO Specialist position, including knowledge of HTML, CSS, programming language, and blogging.
- $40-60k commensurate with experience and value brought to our team
- inclusion in Smart Nora's employee health and dental plan
How to Apply
Please apply through this link with your Resume.