Data/Software Engineering Co-op
Smart Nora is an over-the-counter, contact-free snoring solution relevant to the 40% of adults who snore. Smart Nora is loved by customers for its comfortable contact-free design that enables users to sleep without any attachments to their face or body.
We are looking for a Software / Data Engineer. This is a co-op placement, full-time, for the length of your school's coop placement. Ideally we are looking for a 4th-5th year student.
What you would do
- Support the current FW project conducted with our third party project partners by implementing structured testing and documentation
- Build supporting tools in Python, Node, or other scripting languages to validate firmware and hardware
- Actively participate in Mobile App development project with our third party project partners
- Support acoustic performance optimization including microphone and codec gain settings, assisted by automated tests
- Be part of the Product team developing the next generation Smart Nora device
- Wrangle data and decipher meaning from quantitative tests and analytics
- Write clear documentation
- Comprehensive understanding of Software Development processes (SDLC)
- Comprehensive understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) principles
- Experience with Pandas, R, Tableau, or other data processing/visualization tools
- Experience with GitHub (send us your profile!)
- Exposure to cloud (AWS) and APIs is a plus
- Experience in audio processing is a plus
- Experience in machine learning is a plus
- Majoring in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial & Systems Engineering, or related field.
How to Apply
Please apply below using your resume and links to your LinkedIn, GitHub (if have), and Kaggle (if have) profiles.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates throughout the application process. Please let us know your needs so that we may accommodate. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this role before applying.