Customer Experience Specialist
“Always received VIP treatment, very happy, feel part of the Nora family now”
“Such great customer service is a wonderful experience, especially in today’s world where that is the exception rather than the rule. Thanks again for your efforts on my behalf.”
These are actual comments from Smart Nora customers that motivate us. If you also get a kick from making peoples’ days brighter that you interact with, then we want to hear from you.
Smart Nora develops consumer technologies for better sleep. Our team of designers and engineers developed Smart Nora, the world’s first smart, contact-free, snoring solution. We have tens of thousands of customers in over 75 countries and are rapidly growing our audience.
with an open work environment and a self-directed approach. We work out of our office at King+Spadina in a weekly cadence of Monday kick-offs and lunch, Wednesday tea times, and Friday wrap-ups — taking a lot of pride in our individual work and holding one another accountable for producing great work.
If this sounds like a place where you will thrive and you’re interested in being part of a scaling company with opportunities for growth and networking in the tech, design, hardware, IoT and consumer health communities, read on for how to apply.
We are looking for a personable, dependable, creative person who values continuous learning and wants to enthusiastically join Smart Nora in the role of Customer Support Specialist.
This is an in-house, full-time, permanent, salaried role at our Toronto office located at 461 King St West.
You will be a crucial part of the Smart Nora team; your insights, feedback and understanding of customer needs and concerns, will drive every part of the business and will help the entire company innovate, taking our products to the next level. Essentially, you will be the team’s eyes and ears when it comes to interacting with Smart Nora’s customers.
What you’ll be doing / Responsibilities:
- Having human conversations with Smart Nora’s customers through Zendesk, Social Media and other channels. You’ll be fielding questions from a global customer base on a number of issues: from product education and adoption, to troubleshooting and customer support
- Advocate for customer needs across all teams and provide your much needed insights and feedback based on customer interactions
- Develop a framework to identify possible Smart Nora brand ambassadors and champions, growing our audience on various communications channels and collaborating with the team’s Marketing Lead
- Collaborate across teams, including Smart Nora’s Operations Lead on further developing the customer experience infrastructure
- Learning a lot about sleep, snoring, designing for sleep in the digital age
Required Skills / Experience:
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing role (bonus if you have 1 year of call centre experience)
- Good understanding of the customer experience journey and and how it can transform business; eager to to develop patterns to support customers
- Excellent instincts, problem solving skills, and an ability to read in between the lines (because sometimes customers don’t always know exactly how to describe their problems or their needs).
- Empathy and a unique ability to understand the needs of an international customer-base (You have no problem speaking to customers whose first language isn’t english)
- You are tech savvy and are comfortable using social media; bonus if you have experience growing audiences on social media and other channels
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Commitment to building a global, sleep technology company
- salary commensurate with experience and value brought to our team
- inclusion in Smart Nora's employee health and dental plan
- weekly team lunches, snacks, and wonderful, supportive colleagues
How to Apply
Please apply using our online application form below to include your;
- a 1-3 minute video quickly telling us about yourself and then explaining your philosophy to Customer Experience
- 3 customer engagement initiatives you would be excited to implement at Smart Nora