Smart Nora is a Toronto based growth phase company that has improved sleep and relationships for tens of thousands of couples around the world. Our debut product is the world's most comfortable snoring solution and has been listed on Oprah’s Favorite Things, as well as Good Morning America, TIME, TODAY, BBC, Forbes, and Men's Health just to name a few.
with an open work environment and a self-directed approach. We work out of our office at King+Spadina in a weekly cadence of Monday kick-offs and lunch, Wednesday tea times, and Friday wrap-ups — taking a lot of pride in our individual work and holding one another accountable for producing great work.
We are looking for a seasoned copywriter who can work independently to deliver 2-3 articles a week. These articles are meant to respond to our customers’ interests and concerns around sleep. This is a freelance/contract position with ability to work remotely from anywhere in North America, Toronto is preferred.
Work closely with Marketing Manager, Customer Support Team, and Content Creator to;
- Deliver engaging content to our target demographics
- Research trending topics and make meaningful connections between Smart Nora and those topics
- Write 2-3 engaging, entertaining and accurate articles per week
Some projects you’ll work on
Description: Project will require Copywriter to recommend a framework for delivering content, including social media calendars, cadence, work sessions with Smart Nora team to understand company. Action Items would include:
- Presentation on an overall strategy including: frequency of content production, implementation guideline, team structure/resource/skill requirements.
Description: Project to come up with some advertising content in the form of objective journalism. Suggestions on re-using already developed content and what new types of articles to write that could increase awareness. Think Outbrain. Action Items would include:
- Recommendations/Comparisons on different types of solutions, including where to post articles.
- Sample of advertisements to post and suggested guideline on writing future advertorials.
- i.e. Educational: value of sleep, effects of snoring on health, your brain on sleep
Social Media Content
Description: Project will require copywriter to lead in creating effective advertisements in the form of testimonials, posts, and ads to ensure high credibility with Nora. Action Items would include:
- Provide numerous customized examples of using testimonials effectively
- Provide recommendations on increasing conversations on Social Media, including creating highly engaging posts.
- Creation of Ads across social media platforms.
Description: Project will require copywriter to lead script writing for numerous videos set to be created and updated. Action Items would include:
- Working with Smart Nora creative team on developing script
- Being a producer during video creation to ensure video flow/conversation is highly engaging
Description: Project to optimize the blog activity at Smart Nora to increase awareness. Action items would include:
- Choosing best channel for blogs, i.e. Medium vs Smart Nora Homepage
- Developing sample of suggested content to post and most appropriate writing styles.
- Creative - you can weave stories and present them in an engaging way
- Excellent research, editing and proofreading skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Have a growth mindset
- Ability to communicate with SEO in mind
- $70-200 per piece
How to Apply
Please apply using our online application form below to include your;
- links to 2 of your favourite pieces you've written and why (briefly)